Saturday, October 6, 2007

Remodeling

I've been doing work at the house again. It all started when I moved into the house, and removed 3 walls - which left big holes in the ceiling. Combine those holes with water damage that was here in the ceilings due to roof damage prior to me owning, and toss in roof damage from the big storm last December, and it was time to get it fixed.

So, I was going to have the ceiling patched where needed, and then re-texture. Until I got a call from the contractor on the first day, and the entire ceiling was coming down. So - I am now in process for a much bigger job of removing all the popcorn, and smoothing out, putting a gentle texture on, and then painting. Here are some pics of the madness...

Yes, this is the living room that I am so proud of... the plastic on the walls is very surreal....
Plywood - gone.. New bookshelf to be built in... and this is looking into the kitchen...

Yes - my Dining room looks spectactular. Dinner? And, the view down the stairwell... it's a user friendly house right now...

No comments: