Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hillary-mania




Yesterday, full-fledged Hillary mania swept through campus. People cheered, no one jeered, men and women alike wept tears of joy at her arrival. What does this mean? Political season is in full force at work.

I arrived early and was rewarded with rock star seating- 2nd row, on the center aisle, literally right in front of Senator Clinton. It made for great photos and being able to see what was going on. I have to say, I have other candidates that I like who are running, but I was very, very impressed with Hillary. After yesterday, I no longer have any doubts that she could effectively lead the country, and I could support her if she gets the nomination. That's not saying I've committed to her prior to the nomination - I want to hear from from Obama and Edwards before I go that far - but I really enjoyed hearing her speak, and found that she was realistic, somewhat pragmatic, and still had some very cool, unique things to say.

About 2 weeks ago Ron Paul was here - that funky republican candidate. He, too, had some pretty interesting ideas, although for much of what he believes it is too far out in right field for me to take him seriously, but it's still good to listen. Both he and Clinton had a similar idea in one area, which is work with a coalition, and find the best person for the job regardless of party affiliation. I like that.

No comments: