Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Peking Opera and Mao Watches

Just when we had decided for a night of acrobatics, our guide Peter has arranged for us a night at the opera! So, for a "mere" $35 we will have tickets tonight. I'll write more later, but it should be fun.

Also, we have had our successful journey to purchase a WATCH. After being bawled out by our guide for being late this morning (none of us have watches) we were told to go and buy a watch. I'm sporting a groovy style that will be passed down as a gift for Natasha... (N - just like you asked for:)


Mine is a little bit different - instead of a star for 12, it is a sun. But otherwise, remarkably the same. And what a deal that I can use the gift before giving (Tashi, thanks for letting me use... if it breaks I'll get another).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, when I was in China to get Mia in 2002, I was able to snag a very classy Chairman Mao lighter for my brother!

Anita
http://pomegranates.spaces.live.com