Monday, May 12, 2008

At Children's

Well, Seattle Children's Hospital is a great organization. We arrived and got settled in quickly, and soon had met the resident, our attending, the nurses and the nutritionist. We had our lunch, and Gwenn is now has a ng-tube. This is a temporary tube up her nose and into her tummy that will feed her overnight. She has been a good sport most of the day, but is mad at me right now since I found her taking off the tape that holds the tube in place. It had to be replaced, and she had a small scolding by the nurse. The smiles that we saw earlier have now been replaced by scowls.

Gwenn has allowed a blanket over the bed to keep her warm, but not yet consented to getting under the covers. That would mean that she is staying.

So far she has run the batteries out of the Gameboy, and is currently working on bringing the DS to the same position. We have watched two horrendously bad movies that she forced me to watch (and wouldn't let me turn off when she got bored with it!) and more TV than I would like. We have had some great time reading together - I'm reading "Betsy and Tacy" - childhood favorites of mine. I've got to run - we are going to read more now. I'll update more tomorrow and let you know how the first night of feeding goes.



No comments: