Wednesday, May 2, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

Well, only 10 simple, carefree days ago I was thinking I would travel by the end of July to China. Since then I have received my letter of acceptance, and now anticipate my travel approval to arrive by the end of May - in just 3-4 weeks! That would have me traveling mid-to-end of June! A full 4-5 weeks earlier than I had thought I would. I could be on the road by June 11, which would REALLY be early! So I'm completely freaking out - since I'm not ready at work to travel at that time, and I'm pretty much not ready anywhere else!

So - now I'm trying to find someone to hire to cover for me at work (not easy), come up with the rest of the money (easier, but still big), deal with getting a new au pair (not easy), and asorbing it all (not easy). I've set so many expectations that it would be late that something happening faster is going to take some getting used to. But, it has to be for a reason, so I'm going with the flow.

OK. That is it for now.

No comments: