Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mitochondrial Awareness Week







The week of September 21-27 is the Mitochondrial Awareness Week. Mito is a disease that strikes thousands of families, but so few people know about it. I was completely unaware of it, until the 8 year old daughter of a close friend was diagnosed with it just over 6 months ago. It is a devastating disease that robs those who have it of energy. Please watch the videos, and learn more about mito by visiting http://www.umdf.org/

Thanks!







1 comment:

Sharron said...

Hi, My name is Sharron and I just found your blog today. I spent the afternoon reading all your entries. I had to complement you on your job as a mother. Those three beautiful little girls are so fortunate that you chose them. As a single parent, I know you have your hands full. I am glad you are able to have help. I will be interested to follow your blog to see your darling little ones grow up and to cheer you on.
I am a grandma of 3 who quit my job and moved to Portland to care for my grandchildren. They are 6, 3 and 5 months. When I moved here 3 years ago there was only one. The first is a boy who was adopted by my daughter and her partner when he was 2. The younger two are girls. The first looks like the donor and the second just like my daughter. There is never a dull moment in their house.I have a small cottage in the back of their property.
I was hoping you could help me. I am trying to find a blogger who adopted a little girl from China this month. The mother is Sharon and the child is Mary Alice. I lost her site and can't seem to find it. Do you know of a way to locate the blog?
Keep up the good work and give those little ones an extra hug tonight.