Monday, March 10, 2008

Outsourced Surrogacy

NYTimes had an article today on the surrogacy business in India, and their key clients in the west. I still haven't completely decided where I land. I have reservations just because of the economic disparity between east and west, and the fear of potential exploitation. However, for many who feel adoption is not an option (can it be so?) - this may be an affordable answer. I just don't know enough about surrogacy and rules in the US, however I didn't know you could pay a surrogate in the US for their services - I thought it was only medical.

In choosing an international surrogate, do you exersize more control that you would with a western surrogate? This is raising huge questions that I feel that we will address for a long time - outsourcing of wombs I believe is here to stay.

No comments: