Sunday, July 1, 2007

She's here!!!!!

Well, today was the big day. I finally have a few moments to type while Lucy is sleeping on my bed, and I listen to the screaming of Shen from the next room, who is just fine with his new mama and baba as long as the door to the room is open. :-)

We got into Fuzhou and found out that they would be ready for us early - at 4p instead of 5p! That meant that instead of an hour or so to prepare, we'd have about 15 minutes. And that is just what we had - just enough time to get our luggage, tear it open and grab what we think we would need. Thankfully, we met the kids on the 3rd floor in a conference room, so that was quite nice.



There was another family from LaVida also meeting their child at the same time -- a cute 7 year old boy who broke into a huge smile and ran to his family when he saw them. And then, coming with him was Lucy - looking very serious indeed!

She isn't in a diaper here, and I kept thinking that she is going to pee on my leg or arm! Here are some shots from when I first met her...










We actually got quite a bit of paperwork done, and we'll complete the rest tomorrow. I will have to go and exchange money at some point tonight in order to have enough for everything tomorrow...
Once we completed the paperwork, we headed to our rooms to bond. We played for quite a while, and Lucy's personality really started to come out. First off, she is such a two year old - everything that she touches is hers, and she gathers it close to herself and won't let you touch! She is quite serious in observing things, but started to ham it up in the room. We put hats on and then played peek a boo when we took them off. We tickled tummies (she is very ticklish), and she pulled most of the TP off the roll in the bathroom - and when I took it away, she started to pull out the tissues from the wall. She was worse than the cat, and she just gave a grin like you would not believe!

She is quite a ham, and has some great dimples. I'm not sure if she'll be up for the big girl bed - my guess is she is about the size of Gwenn at 18 - 24 months, max. The 2T jammies hang off her bum like a plumber, and the size 3 diapers are HUGE! I think about half of the clothes that I brought will be too big, but we'll see in the morning.

Just to show that she has warmed up here are some pictures from us chillin' in the room:



Lorna, I think that in the PJ pictures she looks a bit like Penelope - she has that same impish grin, for darn sure!


So, now I'm getting ready for bed and getting ready for tomorrow. It will be another big day, with paperwork and the adoption finalization (although I already have a red thumb, so that is good).

I'm hoping that everything continues to go so well. My mind is just abuzz with questions about Lucy, insights into her personality, and watching how she is coping with the adjustment. Right now she is still asleep on my bed, and I will soon move her into the crib - or attempt to. The only times she cried today was when I took the bubbles away (complete boo-boo face) and when I laid her in the crib... More later tomorrow afternoon after we are back for a rest...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Heart warming congratulations to you and your whole family!!! : ) Betsy Matias

Anonymous said...

Lara,

Thanks for the photos. We have been thinking of you both.

I can't wait to meet Lucy! I am afraid I will need to limit my time with her....I am afraid of having those third child moments.

Have a safe trip home.
Kathy Smith

Anonymous said...

Lara,

Lucy has devilicious grin. She is a charmer. And, no tear! What a brave girl.

Enjoy your new girl. You deserve each other!I hope she will be an angel for the rest of the trip.

christina ho