Thursday, January 4, 2007

New Day


Well, today I figured I'd stop working on all of the individual emails that I send out on adoption and start something of my own. So here I am with a blog that I have no idea how I'm going to keep up on. But - I'm going to give it a shot.


So, I'm an adoptive mom with two amazing girls from China. Gwenn is 7.5 and from Nanning in Guangxi Province, and Ella is 5 and from Pingnan in Guangxi Province. We recently found out that we have a new little sister waiting for us in Fujian Province, at the Xiamen Social Welfare Institute. Her name is Xiao Mai, and she is just over 20 months old.

I've been waiting for her for almost two years, and it's been a tough road. I've looked at dozens of waiting child files - I was hoping for a 3-5 year old - but most that were available had too significant special needs, and I was afraid that I would not be able to be the parent that they needed. So the waiting continued. My I-600A was done and I was ready to go the "regular" route asking for an older child when I got word from an agency that they had a child that met almost all of what I wanted - except she was younger than I was looking for. That was Xiao Mai. After hustling, I got my LOI (letter of intent) in and sent to the CCAA, and just before Christmas got my present - finding out that I will be able to adopt Xiao Mai when I received my pre-approval!

No comments: